Standard Disclaimer: We all know it by now! Trigun is not mine, I'm not making any money from this, and I have little, so please don’t sue me.

 

By popular demand, here is the 1st part of the sequel to Ticket to the Future.

This story will take many turns and twists as it unravels. Tenses will shift, the point of view will swing between 1st and 3rd person, and flash backs will abound. Sorry to those of you who have trouble following this type of story, but… you have been fore warned. ^_^ Now…on to the story.

 

 

Generation Gunsmoke

Prologue: Destinies Intertwined

 

Fifteen years after Milly died in an attempt to kill Knives Millions, I stood looking into the eyes of her and Wolfwood's children. Both were tall and lean, much like their father and both sported his raven colored locks. The only physical characteristic given to them by their mother was the bright splash of sky gleaming in their eye color.

I had done my best to raise them in a way that would make Milly proud of them and Vash had been a great help, but there was just something about them that reminded me so much of Mr. Wolfwood's cynical view of the world. It was especially apparent in Nick. He was a cool, polite boy who never invited close confidences, but anyone he considered a friend could count on him in times of need.

Nickie was more like her mother in personality. She usually went about her business with her glossy hair in a thick braid and a cheerful grin on her face, always making the attempt to help everyone in need. She lectured Nick on his coolness on more than one occasion, which annoyed him to no end. But, he usually tolerated it good-naturedly. Nickie had a good bit of her father in her too. On more than one occasion, I'd seen her coolly stare down a larger child while in dispute over some toy.

It frightened me to no end when some of the other boys at the orphanage started to notice her last year. Nickie was a very pretty young girl who showed every sign of someday becoming a beautiful young woman. I was relieved when she did not return their interests. Plus, Nick was usually close at hand to discourage an over zealous suitor.

Nick and Nickie were close. Where one was, the other was not far away. As with most siblings, they would occasionally snarl and snap at one another, but no one would dare start trouble with either. They had always stood together.

Now, standing in front of me, the two of them were holding the guns of their long-dead parents, talking about hunting down their killer. "it's bred into them…" His voice echoed in my mind.

"Are you two crazy? Do you have any idea what kind of monster you are talking about going after? I absolutely forbid it. You may not leave to go running off through the desert, looking for a mad man."

"But mother," Nickie wailed, "Didn’t you follow Uncle Vash all over this planet for a couple of years? You were even there…"

"when Augusta was destroyed. Why stop us?" Nick finished the sentence. It was an odd habit the twins had.

"Besides, we would need to learn basic weapons repair, shooting at moving targets, and how to quick draw like Uncle Vash." Nickie was as clueless as her mother at times.

Try as I might, I could not dissuade them from their present course of action. "Fine, run off into the desert, get killed by a homicidal maniac, but you can’t go until Vash says you're ready… and that's if he agrees to teach you everything he knows."

Blue eyes flashed in the afternoon light as they nodded their assent. If I was lucky, Vash would refuse to teach them what they wanted to know. If not, well, it was bound to take them a couple of years to learn everything they'd need to survive a confrontation with Knives. Maybe it would give them a chance to see how foolish it was to chase after a monster.

************

On the other side of Gunsmoke…

Another young man was preparing to hunt for the most dangerous thing on the planet. Clad in a long, flowing white coat and a tight black body suit, he checked the distance to his target and fired. The revolver jerked in his hand as the shot went wide.

"Shit…" he uttered under his breath. "I'll never be able to kill him at this rate."

Platinum eyes reflected the sun's rays like a fine diamond. Glossy blue hair hung around his shoulders. Smiling cruelly for a moment, his gaze locked onto a small lizard as it scurried across the desert floor. In an instant, the small animal had disintegrated into a mass of blood and pulp.

"Well, if I can’t put a bullet between his eyes, I can always make his head explode." The young man threw back his head and laughed.

 

"Destiny calls… and I think I shall be the star of this play… master."

***********

To Be Continued…

***********

Greetings from the land of Gunsmoke once again!

I have started the sequel to Ticket to the Future. I hope everyone enjoys this story as much as the last one.

Be on the lookout for old friends and acquaintances as well as new characters. Who knows, Milly and Wolfwood may even put in an appearance from time to time.

You know the drill… R&R for me to go on.

Love and Peace,

Blackhat (^_~)





Chapter 2: His Father's Son >>>